Come Listen to Living Prophets

Friday, July 12, 2013

July 8, 2013

Dear Mom,

  I'm glad to hear al's been growing up a bit.  I really miss him.  He is going to do amazing, I can't believe it's less than a month till he reports!

 With some of our investigators we are constantly trying to help them and they just won't accept what we have to say to them even though we know that what we have to say can help them.  It's so hard sometimes.  But I'm not hear to convince people about anything.  I'm hear to invite them.  That's all that I can do.  A healing comes from coming unto Christ.  But until you experience that yourself you cannot convert anyone else.  Mom, when you truly experience the healing power of the Atonement you will be a testament of the truthfulness of this gospel.  When you come unto Christ the pain you feel will dissapear and it will be replaced with hope.  It's not up to you to convince others, that is the job of the spirit.  The spirit is central to conversion, but as you invite the spirit you prepare the way for others to have a spiritual experience.  I know that faith, hope and charity are so important.  But in the bible it says that one is even more important than the others: 1 Corinthians 13:13 and that one is described in the BOok of Mormon Moroni 7:45-48 and if that is true then it is the center of everything.   If Christ's atonement is Central to God's Plan of happiness then Charity, the pure love of Christ, is central to the atonement. And after all, what is God's Purpose: MOses 1:39  Everything that happens to us and is made possible for us is because God loves us.

(1 Corinthians 13:13 - And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Moroni 7:45-48 - And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.  Wherefore my beloved brethern, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth.  Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail - but charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.  Wherefore, my beloved brethern, pray unto the Father will all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he lath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure.  Amen.

Moses 1:39 - For behold, this is my work and my glory - to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.)

So in the missionfield, ties are like currency... I went to and came out of the MTC with 8 ties... I currently have 17.  And I have some incredibly nice ones! The trick is to trade for quantity then size down for some quality, ELder kenney and I are no longer considered greenies just because of our tie collections : )
This past week has been incredible, We've been working a lot with the Pettys. a Deaf family and I can bear my whole testimony in sign lanquage now! It is amazing how humble they are and they are coming to church next sunday!! The area we cover is the richest area in winnipeg and it's really hard to find people to teach because a lot of the people won't see how the message we share can help them.  We do have a lot of strong members in the ward though and many of them are excited to be engaged in the missionary work.  I'm actually in Ben Barfuss's Uncle and AUnt's Ward! It's a great ward and we have been warmly welcomed especially because we're pretty helpless as 2 7weekers who are trying to finish each others training ; P so they take pity on us : P
We've been teaching a chinese guy named Fan who is great!  We'll probably turn him over to the YSA elders though : P
THis week we're really going to work hard, Last week we spent a whole day moving into our new appartment so we're gonna work extra hard to make up for that day!
AUntie Hannah challenged me to memorize a scripture a day in her letter... I am not quite at the level of memorization as that but I have been at least memorizing a reference a day : P

I love you Mom.  

Here's some pictures : P
"I LITERALLY HUGGED HIM FOR FIVE MINUTES STRAIGHT WHEN HE CAME IN!!!
Elder B>Lyons and I!!!"

"Elder Kenney and I"

"Where we stayed until last thursday:P (basement of the Mission office :P)"
This looks more like the room he left behind at home. - Mika

"Me cooking up a storm in the kitchen"

No comments:

Post a Comment