Come Listen to Living Prophets

Thursday, October 3, 2013

September 15, 2013

Dear Mom, 

 Hahaha I haven't changed?? Hmmm, that's good... I love myself... ; P (Responding to a comment from his sister)

WE GOT TRANSFER CALLS ON FRIDAY!!!   I WILL BE MOVING TO KINDERSLEY ALBERTA!!!!!!
Just kidding, I'm staying in the PEG.   I love it here, I love the ward, I love the people I've come to know, I love that our appartment has free laundry, I love that I will be able to continue working with the Pettys and continue improving and refining my ASL (Mom, I Love the language so much.  I interpreted for Brother Petty all through church yesterday, it was so hard... but I managed : P president Thomas (President of the mission) was in our ward yesterday and he said he was very impressed and to keep it up.), I love that I won't have to wait for 6 weeks for letters(when/if I ever get transferred out of the city it would be nice if you put the dates on the outside of letters too so I can open them in order : P) and I love that we won't be crowded anymore : P    Elder Crake has been called to serve in Yorkton Saskatchewan and Elder Barton is going to Regina,  I will miss them, I love them dearly and we have had some unbelievably good times, but I'm excited to be taking on Elder Lott who is just coming out of training.  I've never Met him but I look forward to Loving and serving with him!
Hahahaha Who DOESN'T KNOW AL : P   hahaha my jaw dropped when I realized how beautiful Calgary is too, definitely took Calgary's Beauty or granted : P  I'm glad Elder Chronis is excited to be there : )    Brother and Sister Baronins had us over or supper last night and she is EXACTLY like you : P   She was talking about how she would send cookies and such to her son in africa until she found out that they took  months to get there....  Anyways, sister baronin's son just got married and headed off to universtiy and she was telling us about how she sent him a bunch of texts the first day, each becoming a bit more frantic than the last as she failed to get a reply.... And I just thought of my first day goin to highschool.... I got a text 5 minutes after leaving the house... and then more as the day went on.... we've had pretty hectic Pdays lately with the 3 of us needing to get things done so I haven't have a chance to sit down and write letters to you it sounds like it's exciting to be back in school : P   Tell kamila that I'm jealous that she's able to enjoy the cross country season with hills....  I miss hills... seriouslyy...  I feel like I'm top of the world when we're goin over a speed bump... tell her that she needs to stop slacking off and start running to seminary ; P  

It was so good to hear about the ward and the goals and focus that have been set.  Bishop sent me a letter last week, and I've studied it and I've been trying my best to apply the counsel.
This past week has been hard.  I'm not a perfect missionary, or person and I make mistakes.   But the mistakes I make help me as a missionary I've found.  Because as I encounter pain, guilt, shame, and sorrow I apply the atonement of Jesus Christ. And as I have that pain, guilt, shame, and sorrow taken away, I am reminded of why I'm here.   As much as this mission is a blessing to me, I'm here for others.  I'm here because I want others to be able to have their own pain, guilt, shame, and sorrow be taken away from them.   Anyone who truly experiences the atonement of Jesus Christ comes to know that it is not a painless experience.  We were able to talk to one sister this past week an see how she has been.    Her baptism was not an easy choice,  she experienced so much pain that day as her mother threatened to kick her out and accused her of choosing the church over her family.  Yet she experienced the sweetness  that was as exquisite as her pain that day.   She is doin wonderfully, she said that school is going really well, she said that she's been goin to early morning seminary and she loves it(starts at 6:15am...) and she said that she has been able to spend lots of time with her family this week.   She knew she was making he right choice, and now after the trial of her faith she is able to see and experience the blessings and miracles.    I'm so proud of her.    Yesterday was absolutely wonderful, Brother Petty came to church and I interpreted all through church.    It was soo hard but it was so worth it.  He didn't even need to sign for me to feel and know of his testimony.   But when he did it was so touching.     I interpreted a question for him, it was;"who are some great leaders and examples you've seen in your life?'  he didn't sign anything for a while then he told me that I was one.   I cried in Elder's Quorum.  He invited us over for Tuesday and thursday,  I feel like my learning of ASL has accelerated greatly because of my love for this man and his family. 
We have been teaching quite a bit lately it's been good, I feel a lot more confident just talking to people.   I love talking to people, no matter who you talk to, you can ALWAYS learn something new.  I promise.

I need a hair cut so badly...  
Anyways,  I have one of the best tie collections in the mission now.. just made another really good trade this past weekend.. 81 ties... something's wrong with me...  have 20 really really nice ties, 20 really nice ties, 20 nice ties, and then 21 ties that I'll probably start giving as ELDER O complimentary ties that i'lll give to people who trade with me...
DOn't really need to trade anymore though...
anyways,  I'm forgetting myself in the work, and I'm lovin it.

Love,


Elder Olguin

No comments:

Post a Comment