Come Listen to Living Prophets

Thursday, October 3, 2013

September 29, 2013

Two emails this week!

Dear Mom,
We have had such an incredible week!!!!   It has been full of hard work and miracles!! 
But today has been and will continue to be full of service so we have permission to have our PDAY tomorrow as well as let you know that we won't be emailing until tomorrow!!!  Elder Lott is the best!! 1 quick thing though!!!  SOme of the members suggested that I send a request to President to have an additional 30 minutes of study to learn sign language so after he came to church last week and he commented on how impressed he was with me interpreting throughout church I asked him, and he gave me permission!!!  as well as the permission to use the websites that interpreters in the ward have referred me to!!
ANyways,   Love you all can't wait to email tomorrow!!!

Love,
ELder Olguin,

Ps.   Mom, president thomas encourages us to go to churches and to become friends with the people there, it's been a great service opportunity as well as a testimonry builder for myself.  We have prayed and fasted to know how to become more involved in the communities and builkd relationships and this is where we have been lead. I'll Email tomorrow

Dear Mom,

the comouter ièm using is making these weird és instead of letting me add punctuation.... besides periods i guess... and commas...,

Anyways Ièm happy that I was able to get 2 emails from you this week : ) 

Yeah ASL is going so well.  I canèt believe how quickly ièm learning... on Sunday we had a Fireside and it was titled come unto christ and be healed.  We invited Brother Petty and I had to interpret the whole fireside for him.   the incredible thing is that he is such a testimony of how the spirit doesnèt come with words.   He can feel the spirit just as powerfully as anyone else even with me missing half of what is being said.  It is incredible. 

This past week has been incredible.  We have tracted for hours and hours and hours... and weève walked miles and miles and miles... and we have not found anyone to teach.. but we have been diligent, we have worked hard and we have seen miracles... the first miracle has been my asl and How iève been able to actually interpret for the most part.... but besides that we have seen so many other miracles...  One thing that happened last week was that we went to the Family history center on wednesday and we were able to do some indexing and we were able to do some family history work.. I donèt really know where to begin so I mostly just indexed, then afterwards we went and tracted and talked with everyone we saw for hours and hours all the way till dinner.. then we went and talked to people in the park, made some friends who taught us how to slackline walk : P then we went to our lesson,  we started talking to him about the gift of the Holy ghost and how it can help,  and then he stopped us.   He told us:Èhey guys... You havenèt brought it up today,.. but usually you always talk to me about baptism and such... well you didnèt talk about it today but I want to be baptised.  I had an answer to my prayers this week and I triple checked... but the answer remained the same.  the spirit told me that this is the right thing to do.  I have been asking so many questions but now I need to trust in the lord because I know Ièll find the answers as I take the steps towards him.È   It was such a surpris to Elder Lott and I...   We are so happy for Allan,  heès incredible, he came to church on sunday and heès just been such an example to me.

Anyways,  other than that we just spent tons of time tracting and street contacting : P  we went and saw Brother and Sister Petty Twice last week and it was wonderful : )  I really could spend the rest of my mission in this area..

I have to head out soon, but I want you to know that i love you.  This past week while I was reading Alma i came across Alma 17:1-2 and I thought of all of the friends I have in the mission field with me right now. I wrote them all down on the page.  (All the friends that I prepared to serve a mission with)  ELDER. J. Evans, Elder M.Johnson, Elder C. Winkler, Elder Z. Belanger, Elder B. Mcmullen, Elder S. Velazquez, Elder. D. Raju, Elder K. Reed, Elder A. Jules, Elder S. Lethaby.  So many of the young men I grew up with are out here right now, the lisit goes on, itès incredible...

Love,
Elder Olguin

No comments:

Post a Comment