Come Listen to Living Prophets

Thursday, October 3, 2013

September 22, 2013

Here is the email from this week!  Elder Olguin can be reached by email or snail mail.  The day which he usually sends emails is Monday, and you can read his profile or past emails and see photos on his blogspot.

Email:             colguin@myldsmail.net

Snail Mail: Elder Cuauhtemoc Olguin Jr.
                  Canada Winnipeg Mission
                  845 Shaftesbury Blvd
                  Winnipeg, MB R3P 0M5
                  CANADA

Profile:          http://mormon.org/me/C5H3/CuauhtiOlguin



Dear Mom,

Elder Evans and I were talking about how it's crazy that we've already been out for 5 months...

I Definitely took seminary for granted till highschool.  I loved it my last year : P  but I definitely wish I'd really paid attention now.. 

I wish I could show you how good I'm getting at ASL...  Mom, it truly is a blessing... there's no way that I could be learning it this quickly if the Lord wasn't helping me. I'll talk more about it when I get into my weekly letter : P Elder B. Lyons was the greatest example to me back home and now he continues to be.  I'm able to talk with him often.. I cna't believe he's Going home at the end of October..  This is his last transfer... I'll have just hit 6 months..

I'm glad, I'm so happy that I was able to teach Llewellyn, we've been able to keep touch with her, and we're going to continue meeting with her.  I'm very excited for who or what the Lord has prepared for me next as I work hard and serve with all my heart might mind and strength.

This week has been wonderful.    We had transfers on Thursday and I met Elder Lott, who I am so excited to be serving with, he came out a transfer after me,  he is the biggest goofball I've ever met, he is hilarious.   He's definitely the most supportive, loving, and innocent person I've met : )  I could serve the rest of my mission with him.    After he got unpacked at the appartment and such I took him straight to go teach a Lesson with the pettys : P I was planning on surprising him and not telling him that they were deaf, but I was nice and let him know on the way over : P it was a wonderful lesson.  Pam is only hard of hearing, so she's able to interpret if I need, but I've been relying less and less on her interpreting.  We had a wonderful lesson and Elder Lott was kind of overwhelmed but afterwards he expressed his excitement and asked if I would start teaching him,  so we will be learning together now : ) Sunday was wonderful, They came to church and I spent a huge part of it interpreting for the pettys, It was the first time that most of the members saw me signing proficiently, and after church we were invited over for dinner with one of the interpreters in the ward (we have 2) I love it, the 2 interpreters in the ward suggested that I submit a request to president to have an extra half an hour of study for ASL each day, who knows if he'll approve of it but after elder's quorum where I played piano(yeah somehow I'm able to sight read most of the hymns now...) and I interpreted for Brother Petty, I was told by many that they hoped I don't transferred anytime soon : )  I love this ward so much, I am definitely hoping to be here for a long time, at least a year... : )

Elder Lott is fantastic, we have had so much fun already and we've still been out working hard. I feel so good everyday,  I feel like I'm exactly where I should be.    Elder Lott and I have a really good week ahead of us, tonight we've been asked to come over for dinner at a member's home and then have FHE with them, they asked us to give the lesson and they have 3 kids so they told us to be creative... so we thought up of something preeett wild... I'll report back to it next week... if it goes well... ; P

I feel like this is a very short email... Not much to talk about... I just feel really content, happy, and at peace.   Elder Lott and I are going to be doing our best to find people to teach and hopefully we find even more opportunities to use ASL,  we will be seeing the pettys on tuesday and thursday agian this week and meeting with one of our investigators on Wednesday and Friday.  I've really come to love being out here on a mission and I feel it a pleasure to serve and love the people here.  

Oh yeah that's what else I forget... Last week we were able to go and visit the Church of The rock which was a wonderful experience.  We went and talked with the volunteer coordinator asking about volunteer opportunities within the community and within their church.  At first she was a bit apprehensive, but as she talked with us more she became a lot more comfortable and we were able to explain how we strive to represent Jesus Christ and that we look for service anywhere.  It was a wonderful conversation and she told us that she will be calling us to help her out.  and she gave us many other places to volunteer so it was great : )

The atonement is real.   I've felt my pain, guilt, and sorrows melt away as I've turned to my savior.   I know that it is for all.   I've seen it change the lives of those around me.  I will never forget how it changed mine.  It is not possible for me to live without the atonement.

I showed brother petty pictures of my family yesterday and his eyes filled with tears,  maybe because he knows they mean the world to me, yet I'm out here for him..  You are why I'm here.  I know that all will be well. 

Take the time to read D and C section 31 the first 5 verses mean a lot to me as the Lord promises Thomas B. Marsh that his family will be blessed as he's on a misison.

Love,

Elder Olguin


No comments:

Post a Comment