Come Listen to Living Prophets

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

July 15, 2013

This past week has been crazy!!! On friday we became a Tri Pan(Three in a companionship) with Elder Crake.  It's tough out here.  It's so hard somedays, I feel like Jeremiah in Chapter 1 verse 5 pretty often.. I just feel so inadequate and it's so tough being one of the youngest missionaries out.  But in the next verses it calms and humbles me.   I know that I'm here for a reason, and Elder Crake was such an answer to my prayers.  I've known Elder Crake from the beginning of my mission.  He's From newcastle england and he his the most passionate human being you will ever find.  I Love him, he is incredible.   He is the best person in the World. 
President Thomas finally let us know what he's decided to do about the 3 of us.  Elder Crake and I will be staying in the Waverly ward covering 2 areas and Elder Kenney is opening an area with one of the assistants called Flin flon.  IT's incredible.  I've been out for less than 2 months and I'm on my 3rd companion. 
Last week was so incredible, we were invited over to dinner on saturday Night and we met this  wonderful Jamaican family who we were able to teach.  At the end of it, they told us about how we were an answer to their pryers and that we were a confirmation to them being here in Canada. 
We were able to teach a lot last week, but as usal my favorite was the deaf couple.  It amazes me how sign language feels so natural to me. I'm still not that great but I love learning it. 
So you know how last week I was at 17 ties or so?... well... I'm at 50 now... Yeah I'm not entirely sure how that happened, but I still have really nice ties... Elder Crake says it's cause I'm so sincere all the time including when I'm tie trading.. : P 
I'm starting to drift away from wanting to become a medical technician and I'm seriously considering going into business and running a suit store.. but you never know... I thought I was pretty sure about paramedic...
But Everyday I learn more about who I am and What I want. 

People sometimes wonder why bad things happen, or Why GOd allows bad things to happen.. I was reading in John last week and I came across the story of a blind man, who one of the apostles asked if he was a sinner or if his parents were sinners, Jesus Christ said neither, the man was blind so that Jesus Christ could manifest his power.   IT's the same in our lives.  We may not understnad why bad things happen, but they do happen for a reason and in the end it will be as a manifestation of God's Power.  ELder Crake's Father Passed away when he was a young kid,  but his testimony is the most powerful witness and Manifestation of God's power that I've ever witnessed.  He truly is a testament of this Gospel.

Remember the Words "Draw near to me, and I will draw near unto you"  We are never alone.

This week will hopefully be less hectic,  and I'll hopefully be able to send pictures next week : P

I serve my heart out here because I know that my family will be blessed as I strive to bring blessings to the families I teach here. 

Love,

Elder Olguin

Ps. check out mormon.org now.  the "how i live my religion still hasn't been changed but it's getting there hopefully  : P
and Tell everyone sorry if I don't reply I seriously just focus on getting emails out to President



Oh yeah, There's pictures of me on the Canada Winnipeg mission Facebook page so You can check those out on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment