Come Listen to Living Prophets

Monday, December 16, 2013

October 20, 2013

Here is the email from this past week!  Mail can be sent to Elder Olguin at the following address;

Elder Cuauhtemoc Olguin Jr
Canada WInnipeg Mission
845 Shaftesbusry Blvd
Winnipeg, MB R3P 0M5
Canada
  
Dear Mom,

You're absolutely right,  I cannot believe that It's been a year since that age change was announced... A year ago I believed that I would be in Africa or South America right now,  but instead I'm here. Exactly where the Lord has need of me.   One of my favorite scriptures that I have truly fallen in love with lately is Isaiah 55:8-9  I have always used it to teach others about the commandments of God.   So much of what is accepted in the world is accepted by individuals, it has been amazing as I explain to others that God's laws may not seem to make sense to us immediately but that through living the commandment we teach them about they can know for themselves whether what we teach is true or not (John 7:16-17, and Alma 32:21-43)   
It's been half a year, I'm really starting to realize just how true it is that time flies out here.  My paradigm has shifted from that of "I still have 2 years ahead of me" to "I only have 18months left to accomplish all that I've been called to do!"   anyways it's crazy...
Allan is doing amazing, it's incredible to see the change in him,   Anyways, I don't do too great of a job with keeping in touch with my past companions, I should really start emailing them, I here from elder Kenney everyonce in a while, which is pretty great : )  Of course I'll keep in touch with Llewellyn, she's doing amazing, fully active and she even sang in stake conference yesterday with the stake yw choir!   Yes Sarah and I write to each other.   It's been really great, she's definitely such a strength to me.  Anyways, anything else you're curious about? : P  Yeah, there's quite a few Calgarians and Albertans that serve here, there's 3 in my ward including me : P
Transfers are on halloween 


It was great that we have been able to have people inside the building, it has really been picking up as we have really been talking to everyone and inviting people in for church tours : )
This week has been pretty incredible, we have been teaching a lot more lately and we have really been seeing a lot of blessings.  This past week I took a lot of time to just think and ponder on a lot of the amazing things that have happened to me and have lead me to where I am now.   This past week we met a pastor and he really bible bashed us, it was an interesting experience.  About 15 minutes into his bashing I stopped him and told him that we aren't here to cause contention.  We asked him if there was anything we could do to help him or his congregeation.  He was a bit taken aback then started getting all defensive and told me that I misjudged him and that he just wanted to talk about Jesus Christ.   He asked me questions like; "why don't you have assurance that you will be saved? why are you working for your salvation?"  I replied I'm not working for my salvation, I'm working for the salvation of others.   I'm not here to "earn" my salvation.  I'm here to invite others to come unto Christ.   I find assurance in God's love for not me but all of his children.   This man had a PHD in the bible, he knew 22 languages including greek and hebrew, me?  "I'm but a child, I cannot speak"(jeremiah1:5)  yet I have not come to teach as the "the scribes"  I've come to teach with authority (mark 1:22) 
Every word I said was used against me, but he cannot take away my knowledge that Jesus Christ Lives and that he stands at the Right hand of God (acts 7:55-56)
I have spent lots of time studying the 1st article of faith (The Articles of Faith are a list of 13 statements of exactly what we believe in as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  The first one is "We believe in God the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost") this week and it's been amazing as I've pondered who God is, who Jesus Christ is, and who the Holy Ghost is. 
the Book of Mormon, teaches exactly who they are.  The Book of Mormon has changed millions of Lives, it is true, it is the word of God, and there none that has testified agaisnt that has not failed.  Because, it is true.
Talk to you next week, I'll let you know what my transfer call is, we'll get them on friday!
Love,
Elder olguin

No comments:

Post a Comment